When I started this blog, I promised myself that I wouldn’t turn it into a cooking and fitness blog. My everyday life more or less revolves around both those things, and this blog is a place to explore more unique things.
But a lot of people have asked me for this and other recipes. So – I’ll share the occasional recipe if you’ll put up with my odd ramblings on science and history the rest of the time. And because I’m me, I’m going to include what I read with the meal, because I’m pretty much always reading at dinner. Deal?
I apologize for the photo quality; I was hungry, so I just grabbed my iPhone!
This is a super-simple recipe that I made up a few weeks ago – comes together in 3 minutes, it’s filling, and for some reason it reminds me of egg salad.
Black Eyed Pea Salad
- 1 cup black eyed peas (canned and rinsed, or pre-cooked)
- 1 Tbs Vegenaise (or mayonnaise if you eat it)
- cucumber, bell pepper, pickle – 1/4 – 1/2 cup each, diced (if you want a more mellow flavor, stick with the cucumber. But I like the depth of flavor with the pickle and pepper.)
- dash of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- dash of sea salt (adjust to taste)
- dash of dill (adjust to taste)
- Mix everything together. I like to eat it on toasted tortilla.
Approx Nutrition Info:
- 300 calories
- 10.5 g fat
- 38g carbs
- 12.1g protein